If you’ve ever shopped on Amazon, you’ve probably noticed the “Frequently Bought Together” section on product pages. This is an excellent way for businesses to increase their sales by recommending products that complement the item the customer is already interested in.
If you want to take things a step further, you can install various plugins that allow you to connect products. In this article, you’ll learn how to set up WooCommerce items that are often bought together. Get some tips on how to make the most of this feature and use it to its fullest extent for your store.
Benefits of Recommending Frequently Bought Together Products
There are many benefits of recommending frequently bought together products in your WooCommerce store.
- For one, it can help increase sales by encouraging customers to purchase multiple items simultaneously.
- It can also help build customer loyalty by showing that you care about their needs and always look for ways to improve their shopping experience.
- Finally, it can also help you stand out from the competition by offering customers a unique and convenient way to find and purchase products.
Steps to Setting Up Frequently Bought Together in WooCommerce
If you want to increase your average order value, one great way to do so is by setting up frequently bought together products in your WooCommerce store. By recommending products that complement each other, you can encourage customers to add more items to their cart and purchase multiple items in a single transaction. Plus, it can also help boost your product sales and improve customer satisfaction.
Let’s get started!
You can add up-sells and cross-sells to your WooCommerce store by going to Products > Add New in your WordPress Dashboard.
On the product page, scroll down to the “Product data” section and click Linked Products. Add the products you want to recommend in the cross-sells dropdown.
And it’s that simple! However, choosing the right product is the key to witnessing the sales boost you expect.
Strategies for Choosing the Right Products
There are a few key things to remember when choosing products to recommend as “Frequently Bought Together” on your WooCommerce store.
- Make sure that the products complement each other and that they are commonly purchased together. For example, if you sell clothing, you would want to recommend a pair of pants and a shirt as frequently bought together because they are typically purchased together.
- Ensure that the products you recommend are popular and have good reviews. You don’t want to recommend products that no one is interested in or have poor reviews, which could negatively affect your store.
- Choose products that are reasonably priced. If you recommend too many expensive products, customers may be turned off and less likely to purchase anything from your store.
Use these guidelines when choosing products to recommend as frequently bought together in your WooCommerce store, and you’ll be sure to increase sales and satisfaction among your customers!
How to Promote Your Frequently Bought Together Products
Now that you know how to add frequently bought products to your product pages and know which products to choose, you need to know how to promote these cross-sell products to achieve maximum sales.
- One way to promote frequently bought-together products is to create a special section on your website devoted to these items. You can highlight the products in this section and include information on why they are often purchased together. This will give customers a clear idea of what items go well together and may encourage them to purchase more than one product at a time.
- Another way to promote frequently bought-together products is to include information about them in your product descriptions. For example, you could mention that certain items are often bought together in the context of describing one of the products. This would be a good way to cross-sell related items without being too pushy or sales-oriented.
- Finally, you can also use social media or email marketing to inform customers about frequently bought together products. You can share blog posts or graphics highlighting these items or include special discount codes for customers who purchase them together.
By promoting frequently bought together products in multiple ways, you’re sure to increase sales and encourage customers to keep coming back to your store for all their shopping needs!
Tips for Optimizing Results
If you’re looking to optimize the results of your frequently bought together products in your WooCommerce store, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure that the products you recommend complement each other and are often purchased together. There’s no point in recommending products that aren’t related or that customers wouldn’t want to buy together.
- Use high-quality images for your product recommendations. Customers are more likely to purchase products that they can see clearly and that look appealing.
- Keep your product recommendations relevant to the customer’s current purchase. If a customer buys a dress, they’re not likely to be interested in purchasing a phone case simultaneously.
- Offer discounts or special deals on such products to encourage customers to purchase multiple items.
- Use clear and concise language when describing your product recommendations. Customers should be able to understand what you’re offering and why it would benefit them to purchase multiple items together.
Recommending frequently bought together products in your WooCommerce store can significantly increase customer engagement and boost sales. By taking advantage of the powerful features that WooCommerce provides, you can easily create product bundles with attractive discounts and display them in your store. Not only will this generate more revenue for your business, but it will also help build customer loyalty by providing them with convenient shopping options. So don’t wait any longer – recommend frequently bought together products today and watch your sales soar!